1. The placing of an order implies acceptance of these terms of trade.
2. Full payment is due on completion of work; we reserve the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at 3% over bank base rate.
3. All goods are at there risk of the customer as soon as they are collected or delivered. Property' and ownership of the goods will not pass until payment in full has been received by Just Quality Flooring.
4. We are unable to accept cancellation of an order once materials have been cut and dispatched from our suppliers.
5. Claims regarding defects in goods supplied must be made within 3 days of delivery or within 7 days where we have been contracted to carry out installation of the goods.
6. We cannot accept responsibility for incorrect sizes in floor coverings, where sizes are submitted by the customer, or taken from plans drawn by customer or his agent.
7. The customer has the sole responsibility for colour section. No complaints can be accepted for soiling after installation. Cut pile carpets especially plain colours may show light and dark shadowy patches or 'watermarks'. This is not a manufacturing fault and we cannot accept responsibility for such shading.
8. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to or severance of any cables, wires or pipes laid in or under the floor of wall, unless the position of pipes or cables has bee clearly marked and brought to the attention of the fitter, The company shall not be liable for any consequences or such damage.
9. Door easing is only undertaken as an additional service and we are unable to accept responsibility for any damage to paintwork, frames or doors. We are not able to ease veneer or external doors.
10. Lifting carpets and moving furniture is not included in our labour charge unless otherwise stated. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to furniture, ornaments or television and electrical appliances if left in a room where flooring is being fitted. '
11. No responsibility can be accepted for colour or pattern variations in carpets from different widths.
12. All widths are in accordance with BS3655(3) the tolerance being + or - 1.25%.
13. Stair carpets should be moved periodically to adjust for wear. Where stair carpet is close fitted we are normally unable to allow for this adjustment to be made. We are unable to accept responsibility for premature wear under these circumstances.
14. Access to the premises where the floor covering are to be laid shall be made available by mutual appointment. If access is not in fact given at that time. The customer will be liable for the reasonable cost of all abortive journeys and the cost of the time of all staff made available in respect of any appointment not kept by the customer.
15. When installing floor coverings we will assume the authority to carry out the work by the method we consider most suitable. If you require details of planning, widths used, methods or fixing etc., please ask them to be explained to you. If you have any special instructions please ensure they are written on your acceptance of order form.
16. Force Majeure. The performance of all contracts is subject to any act of God, war, strike. Lock out, fire, flood, drought, tempest or any other cause beyond the control of the company. The company shall not be held responsible for failure to deliver or comply with a contract due to any such contingency.
17. When wood or laminate flooring is to be fitted on to a floor with under floor central heating a certain criteria must be adhered to. Details will be forwarded to the customer prior to installation.